jdbc - Access Visual FoxPro database from Java -


I am trying to access the Visual Fox Pro database from Java for one week, I'm getting depressed because my project In a very limited budget and timeframe (as any other project, I think, isha)

I have a .dbf , a .cdx and .fpt files I need to be able to see a record, remove data, and see updated data. I do not have any VFP license.

I hope someone has an indication or a work example that I can use. If the only way is to buy a driver, then I am ready to consider it based on the suggestions received.

This is a brief description of what I have tried.

I have found this. But it does not like CDX index files.

Also found this. But my tests show this exception: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft] [ControlEdder ODBC Dibies] La Tabla Experience At Aterado Ephedro I think this error can have any translation in English: java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft] [ODBC DB's Driver] External table is not in expected format

Due to that error, I think that I need a new driver, he is no longer an ODBC driver, and everyone should use the OLE DB provider. The problem is that I have not found any way to use it from Java

As far as I can tell, a person talking about a JACob "talk" , And someone comments about the need to make C ++ or C # "something" which is what I have to do. I think he is talking about this but I do not even know what to do in order to make a com call.

Not able to find a suitable JDBC driver.

Eli

I found the way to do it.

I finally used JACob ().

  1. Download and install from the Visual FoxPro OLE DB driver. Direct link is:
  2. Downloaded JACob version 1.17 binary and source code.
  3. Added jacob.jar as a Java Build Path library
  4. jacob-1.17-x86.dll written in the project directory <
  5. Copied jacob-1.17_src \ jacob-1.17 \
  6. Li> Connection string has been changed to: string connectsat = "provider = vfpoledb; data source from java = C: \\ path \\
  7. < / Li> >

    Hopefully It helps anyone else.


Comments