opengl - glsl const array pros -


I am developing applications with OpenGL / E for desktop / mobile (Android / iOS) platform.
And I'm using const arrays in my top peak code. I tested it on my nv8800gt and without arr arrays and saw no difference. But I read that comparison of contact arrays can be slower than uniform.

  const float offset_s [4] = float [4] (0.625, 0.625, 0.75, 0.85);  

The question is - should I avoid the Constant array in the same side? Or right now right? The drivers have been fixed and likewise ...

I have const and non-const arrays GLSL is facing strange behavior. Changing contact ARMs for non-construed arrays provides a small speed in some shaders. On the other hand, due to removal of the keyword "CONST" in other shaders, performance drops on a large scale (~ 2ms to 20ms render passes for passes) This behavior is very incompatible and I guess it is a driver bug.
My GPU is an NVIDIA GTX 460 and I am using driver version 358.50 (seeing the same behavior with the old driver).


Comments