git - How do rails development and production database environments work? -


I have a database that I created and populated in Rail 3.2 using the development environment. I have kept the database on the server using the guit and fusion passenger. At present the server is still running development database because it is one that is populated. I have 2 questions:

1) If I change the server to a production environment, will all my data transfer happen? If not, how can I transfer the current data to a production database?

2) If I push the update from my personal machine to the server using the development database, and the server is using the production database, then all data that users input into the productive database Have they lived in efficiency? Or when I drag my project from git to server, do I have to configure it to be erased?

first question :

Output, then it will use the database that is configured in the config / database.yml file. You can backup the development database and import the backup file if you want to use the same database in production

for the second question :

< P> The word push updates to my server from my personal machine , I think you are talking about code change pushing and no db related things do not pull bridges / push operations with GIT The way that will never affect Interact with the form data. Data from users in production DB will remain intact.


Comments