Advantages of fixing snapshot version in Maven -


My project has snapshot dependencies for which no release is available. If I & lt; Version & gt; 0.0.1-SNAPSHOT & lt; / Version & gt; Instead of & lt; Version & gt; 0.0.1-20140219.100706-347 & lt; / Version & gt; Code>, Do I now enjoy the benefits of using the release release or am I slowing down my build using the dependency located in an automated snapshot repository? Is there any benefit to release except for any specific edition?

Do I now enjoy the benefits of using the release or still I am under automatic updates, my build is down down

yes; A timestamped SNAPSHOT version refers to a unique artwork, so Maven will not check again. You may also consider setting up an update policy to reduce the frequency of the check.

Is there any benefit to release except for some type of tag for a specific version?

As a general practice, creating SNAPSHOT (even with timestamps) is not to be around because you have one for each build So that they are normal for sorting them. (Eg at some point you would like to choose a specific version which will be kept permanently, and can be used for reproducible production: What is this the last release version.

< / Html>

Comments