visual studio 2012 - Using VS2012's SQL Server Data Tools without VIEW DEFINITIONS permission -


I am trying to compare two databases using Visual Studio 2012. However, the SQL example where my database is being hosted, is extremely locked down and my user does not have visual definitions permission.

I am getting these errors in Visual Studio:

The target database schema can not be retrieved. Reverse engineering operation can not be issued because you do not have permission to view 'View URL' on the server View definitions.

To compare the master database, any definition is required.

But still, I can use tools like RedGate SQL Comparison and XSQL to compare the database. I do not want to buy this software and instead I'm using Visual Studio 2012 because I already have a license ... How can I remove this problem? In any way, could I use the SQL Server Data Tool without the permission of any definition?

was a database-level move instead of an example level.


Comments