InstallShield: service name -


I have developed a service installer using InstallShield, everything works just fine, can you tell me what Is it possible to ask for a username name service (if he wants to change it)?

I can not change any service names or any service If I can help it from other sources from local system to run

Problems with services often : 1) An advertisement is running with the user 2) Service name changed 3) This administrator runs with a local account, 4) issues like starting / stopping timeouts ... etc ... < / P>

If you are messing with the user account, then you are not able to start / stop / uninstall / adjust the service. In the can. This is done during the Windows Installer installation and with some parts of the installation running as a local system and with extensive cloning during uninstall, which is usually in the context of the user, but I sometimes get locking See the problems that do not necessarily handle the Windows Installer. If you are messing with the name, then you will not necessarily be able to find the service easily from any other setup.

I can dislike services running specifically with advertising accounts because it includes network connectivity. I local system has full local rights - bad Enough, but it is a service that is designed to run.


Comments