Can my application know its Git Tag? -


I remember in a second revision management system that you can put a complex magic string in your code and modify it The management system will automatically replace that string with a version string. The point is that I would like a dialog box in my application which displays the current version. What I have seen about GIT does not change one of your sources. Another idea is that git creates a single text file that can be read to display the source version. I do not like the idea of ​​calling the git and copying the tag in my code by hand.

  1. GIT does not support expandable "keywords" - this is the policy of linux

What I have seen about GT does not change any of your sources

- "text generalization" is big for cross-platform use git's headache

The issue is that I would like a dialogue box in my application which is current Under the hood it almost always describes git output, which commands ( on the build stage )

  • Pro: Simplicity
  • Contra: Add additional level of complexity in the build-process
  • One Other implementations "Blur | Clean Filter": Keywords, stored in static text as static text, dynamically in the working directory Converged elements (actually - to do this bidirectional conversion to the filter program) -

    • PRO: Transparency (You
    • Contra: Low Portability (Filters) Work should be available at each workplace), the possible complexity of conversion rules

    Comments