java - Does "kill -QUIT" ever actually kill the JVM? -


Running a code on a unix system will kill a trigger dump kill -QUIT I know this Because I've done this hundreds of times.

However, another developer told me that he "crashed jmm" and the use of hostility or jmx api is "safe".

I am struggling to find any reference on kill -QUIT to behave like this.

Can someone confirm that it can actually kill the Java process / (obviously there will be a way to do this if someone does not type "-QUIT" correctly: - )

In 12 years I have ever hit kill -QUIT JVM But as Disco 3 says, if you are in the ZMM crisis, (if you usually dump the thread), then (possibly?) A OutOfMemoryError < There may be an accident with / code>. But in that case anything can crash a JVM, I will not hesitate to use the kill -QUIT , but you can get more useful with jstack You can get this thread because it will dump the thread dump instead of your stdout compared to JVM.


Comments