php - Should I separate the web-service interface from the other parts of the system? -


I am developing a system (O reilly ?!) , a systematic system Commonly considered: CRUDs are everywhere, but , I need to access my data as a web service. I am developing both: System and Web Service, Laravel 4's Using

I have a controller for all CRUDs on the system so that a user can put information on the database. . Beautiful bus accessories ... so far!

As I said: I have need to consume data on a web-service format. I need to create request and record data from the server via a JSON string and REST verbs. It is being said, here comes the question:

Should I prepare a whole new project to access the data as a web service and isolate it from the original project Should I or is it just a stupid idea of ​​mine?

I think this can help with security and both projects.

Any answers are welcome ans thanks in advance! = D

If you are a encoder that easily creates an additional layer in your current app You can organize, web-service layer, then do it.

If (like me, and possibly most others) you simply drown in the mess of files and folders, and will replace the changing code which is already affected by the current app - well Stay!

Separate concerns, and be happy at night that both animals are isolated so that they can not kill each other.

However .. you are using larval. So you can actually split it into an app using the package (called bundle in L3). You may still be in danger that you can mess with some code of your current app, but if you are tough to yourself, then you should be fine.

One question I ask myself, can the app be only a web service, and do you want to create any matching clients? It seems strange to be used as a web server and as a web service, if you try to do both in one app, you can participate in all kinds of performance issues.

UPDATE:

If you are doing this correctly but for a definite answer: I do not say, you are not doing it correctly. Create a web service from your app, and only allow it for a web service, then you can create client application (web service consumer) to meet any requirements you need to display the data.


Comments