SQL Full-Text Search vs. LIKE Search Performance -


I am searching on the internet and found that full text search usually performs better.

I followed the instructions to set up the Thesaurus table on my machine so that I could play with it and be more familiar with the full text search.

I am looking at everything in Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 2008.

When I run the query, I think my choice search was faster than my FREETEXT search, which was found on most wiki sites / pages What i got

The questions below are I ran:

  Select from * Thiasaaras, where freight (the definition, 'aspirative') * choose from Thiasaaras * where 'define' Like '% effect%'  

likes search took 0sec, where FREETEXT search took 6sec.

returns <7051> returns 70 searches, where FREETEXT searches returns 94, which is more accurate to FREETEXT search And makes better results.

Am I missing something that can be searched slow in comparison to FREETEXT search?

I would really like to use the FREETEXT search in my program because it gives more hits (more data collected), but speed was an important issue.

Thanks for the help!

Has you created a full text index? If not, look at the MSDN site or you get this information using SQL 2008 from this link

Another reason is that the runtime will vary, which is what to do with the predictions. . The choice is close to an exact match. The FREETEXT function "searches for values ​​that match the meaning of a phrase and not just the exact word" so that your FREETEXT command is working more than "Microsoft SQL Server 2012 inquiry"

< / Html>

Comments