hadoop2 - Which hadoop version should I choose among 1.x, 2.2 and 0.23 -


Hello, I'm new to Headop and I am quite confused with the names of the edition and I should use between 1.x (great support). And learning resources), 2.2 or 0.23.

I have read that Hop v0.23 () is going completely up to Yarn.
But at the same time, all the web is on v2.0 yarn () and I can see YARN configuration files in HARPOP 2.2 itself.

  • But since 0.23 I think the latest version, does 2.2 also support yarn? (Look at Link 1, it says that Hoop will support yarn from v0.23)
  • And as a beginner, I should go for 1x or 2.x to learn the perspective of Hoop .
  • Are there other technologies that work with the latest version of Whoop, like hip, dip, hive etc?

Thank you.

> Update
Thanks for answering everyone. I'm using Hop 2.2 and all the famous tutorials and resources are outdated, although I got a good book to get started with v2.2.

"Hedop: The Definitive Guide, Third Edition" by Tom White ()

supports Hello v2.2

Github is given as source code on github

, the code of the book

  tested with this version of the code Gone: * Hadoop 1.2.1 / 0.22.0 / 0.23.x / 2.2.0 * Aveo 1.5.4 * Pig 0.9.1 * Hive 0.8.0 * HBase 0.90.4 / 0.94 .15 * Zoo 3.4.2 * Squares 1.4.0 - Incubating * MRUnit 0.8.0-incubating  

Hope it helps .. !!! There are some active release series 1.x release series, the continuation of the 0.20 release series.

  • 1.2.X - release current stable version, 1.2

  • < P> 2.2.X - the current constant 2.x version

  • is similar to 0.23.x - 2.XX but NNH is missing.

  • I recommend starting with distribution, because you just start learning CDH 4.5 includes the facility of the yarn you are looking for. You can also try distributing the advantage of going with these vendors is that you do not have to worry about what types of hive-like components, pigs work with your Hadoop installation.


Comments