git - What is a VCS repository? -


It may look like a stupid question, it is particularly stupid as I have used SVN before and I Only Git has used

But I have just seen that I do not know exactly what a repository is.

The way I see it is that a store is a type of container to keep the project code. I am certain that this is the wrong way to define.

How would you define a repository? : Storage space from which a software package can be recovered and installed on the computer

Does this mean that you can have more than one project on a repository? If so, when will you create a new one?

Wikipedia definition is correct. Think of a repository, from which you will install a Linux package. As far as VCS stands for this version control system and so VCS stores have a version control system such as GET for one.


Comments