How should i fix High CPU Usage -


One of my friends has a PC that has recently slowed down. Before that, I mean 3 months ago, it was moving fast and steady, but now it is not very good.

While the PC is running without any current working, in the Task Manager, the CPU usage volume is increasing by 100%, and memory usage exceeds 500 MB (> 50%). Opening a webpage in Chrome is really boring, though the internet connection is extremely fast.

I have scanned this virus and used the cursor rescue disk and then removed all the viruses. Then I checked it with the ESET Rescue Disk and reminded me of "no virus". {All antivirus was up-to-date and correct}

When I knew about PC Healthy, I logged into the desktop and opened the Task Manager, but the problem still existed and definitely an ESET NOD32 error was shown: "Kernel Error in communicating with "

Finally, I reinstalled a new Windows 7 Ultimate and then when I logged in to the desktop, the high CPU usage problem was not resolved yet. Core temp software does not show the temperature of the CPU core.

Which solution do you suggest to solve this problem?

The following pc has the following features:

  • RAM: 1.00 GB
  • 32-bit OS
  • CPU: Intel, P4, 3.00 GHZ
  • Display adapter: Nvidia 757 MB

Screenshot of CPU usage, process list is linked below:

{First!} Thanks to every body for helping me!

If you want to ask better than these types of questions, this site is for programming and software development questions.

However, I do not think that Windows 7 Ultimate will be "fast and steady" with only 1 GB of RAM. 500 MB absurd amount is not available for Windows 7. You should probably try to install Win7 from Win Ultimate, returning to Windows XP, even trying to get a streamlined Linux distro or my suggestion, get some more RAM.


Comments