How to tell if a specific file extension has a default program to open it? e.g. PDF, in Windows 7 -


I want to know that there is a specific entry to check in the registry, to see if a default program is connected Has the specific file type happened?

My main example would be a PDF. Documentation in my company is primarily PDF, we want to be able to distribute the latest Adobe Reader, because generally, many PCs using the software of my company will not be able to access the internet.

During the installation, I want to check whether the computer we are installing on is already a program to view PDF files. If so, continue if not, then run Adobe Displacement in the install part.

I'm focusing on Windows 7 PC, Registry Entry (I), I can read programmatic to see that, for example, one of the valid programs in PDF to open it

No This option does not exist. However HKCR \ 'PROGID \ "shell \ open can point to installed software.

User is the wrong answer of MC ND. See my screenshot:

Enter image details here

< P> During the installation, I want to be able to check whether we are installing on the computer, which has a program to view PDF files. If so, continue if not, then run Adobe Displacement as part of the install.

Then I do not have any PDF reader (!!!) I MC ND You still think I have no PDF reader?


Comments