c# - Get "Internal error in the expression evaluator" on "Add watch" function when trying to debug WCF service code (MSVS 2013) -


A few days ago I had solved my solution for MSVS 2013. It works fine except for one thing: When I try to debug my code, the WCF service works, but when I want to see the state of a variable, it says: "Interpretation in the expression evaluator Error". Adding a watch function to the client side works normal, but it is broken in the service code. I am trying to debug my WCF service running on the local host. Can you help me, how to improve it?

Enter image details here

MSVS information here: Microsoft Visual Studio Professional 2013 Edition 12.0.30110.00 Update 1 Microsoft. Net framework version 4.5.51641 OS: Windows 8.1

This new (Managed) debug engine has a bug Which can run with Visual Studio 2013. Try to turn on managed compatibility mode (which effectively changes it in the previous -2013 debug engine), located under Tools - Options - Debugging :

Below are the @Bazzfin comments that there are other ways to enable compatibility mode, without disabling it globally (for example, per-project). More info here:


Comments