logging - Why Trace.WriteLine() doesn't work from the ASP.NET MVC controller -


I have just created a small Windows blue application (this is only WebRole) and I have it in Windows Azure Compute Emulator Running in debug mode from VisualStudio).

But application logging does not work for me yet. The problem is that I am able to log in with this message WebRole.Run () method - run me () meth (start web role To do) when the "foo bar" string in the emulator console can be seen.

But nothing happens when I'm trying to log in to the ASP.NET MVC controller method (i.e. there is no log entry in the emulator console, though The controlling verb method is applied to my HTTP request and works well).

WebRole in the class:

  Public override runs zero () {Trace.WriteLine ("foo bar", "notification"); Base.Run (); }  

In ASP.NET MVC Controller:

  Public Action Redirect () {Trace.WriteLine ("Redirect ...", "Notice") ; // ... Return Redirect Permanent (URL); }  

What could be the problem? Why does not work for trace.published () controllers? I have ASP.NET Web API Controller as well as Classic ASP.NET MVC Controller and this is the same.

Am I completely wrong and should the application be logged in any other way?

This looks like the address addressed in this blog post


Comments