c# - How to debug into my nuget package deployed from TeamCity? -


I have inserted a library that my team uses in a newsletter package which is deployed from teamcity to a network folder . I can not debug this code though! SymbolSource is a solution I've read about, but I'm directly from TeamCity. Can I find some way to access PDB / source files? Does anyone know how to do this?

Edit. When I check the 'Include symbol and source' , then the Nuget Pack build phase creates one in TeamCity. Additionally, Similol.nupkg. The nupkg file in the network folder is the src and .pdb file in .symbol.nupkg.

Edit. I unchecked the 'Include symbol and source' on teamcity and added the following to my nispak file:

  & lt; Files & gt; & Lt; File src = ".. \ MyLibrary \ bin \ release \ MyLibrary.dll" target = "lib \ net40" /> & Lt; File src = ".. \ MyLibrary \ bin \ release \ MyLibrary.pdb" target = "lib \ net40" /> & Lt; File src = ".. \ myLibrary \ * .cs" target = "src" /> & Lt; File src = ".. \ MyLibrary \ ** \ * .cs" target = "src" /> & Lt; / Files & gt;  

It added source files for the DLL, PDB, and My Library in the Nugget package and did not generate one. Symboiled file which I think is only necessary for symbol servers.

For a more lightweight solution:

  1. Put PDB in NuGet package Debug source code for solution in terms of.

This means that you will be able to move through code and view exceptions, but you may have to look for a file on the disk and before you can set a breakpoint. Obviously you need to be careful that the source is on correct revision.

More detail on Step 1

If you are currently a Nuspec, you will need to create a Nuspec, then PDB to Libb folder "Nugget Speak" Adding to the list of files can be useful command to define the initial spec. Then make sure that the phase of the team city negate pack is referring to your new nepeak.

More details on Step 2

When you have a solution open, right click solution, select properties ... General properties ... Add the root source directory for debug source files, and related binary references. Or see note, you can not open the solution properties during debugging.


Comments