python - Pass a file as an argument in Linux -


I have a python script that takes a file as argument through sys.argv.

What is the best way to pass this file as a logic in Linux?

I have tried to add this line of code on the first line of my Python script, thinking that I can drag on it and drag files, but it does not seem to work.

  #! / Usr / bin / env dragon  

Am I missing something? Cheers

Python script.py file name

line #! / Usr / bin / env python is the Shebang line.

If you make your script an executable (i.e., to convert it to a file's executable to use chmod ), identify the type of Shebang script Helps in

The path to an alternative Shebang python is used directly #! / Usr / bin / python , but the path may vary on different machines and therefore we usually get the path to the bindery from env .

Shebang is not required if you run the script with python script.py , OK, but if the script is referenced somewhere, then causing this problem Could.

Note that the extension .py is completely optional, and for this, I add one Shebang to all my scripts, to ensure that from within my editor What is this script?

Generally, you want to run ./ script in large projects to achieve the task; This humility ensures that executable scripts can be in dragon, bash or any other scripting language, until it does so.

No, you can not drag and drop a file even if it is executable even for the Python script as an absolute.


Comments