c# - Video calling in desktop application .net -


I am working on a WPF application which is video calling facility. So I'm going to provide solutions for Skype.

I'm using the Skype4COM library to do this. I found all the Skype friends in my application, I can call my friends and even make video calls, but I can not control streaming. The video is being shown in the Skype window, I want to show it as an application like inside my application.

I do not even know which control I should use to control video streaming.

If there is another better way or a free way to add video calling in a WPF application. I am ready to change my preferences.

I had a previous plan to use Web Browser Control and go to WebRTC, but it does not support IE and believes that Mozilla and Chrome have no web browser controls.

Videoconference is not trivial to apply, you must first see the signaling protocol such as SIP or XMPP Provide infrastructure for maintaining a 'friend' list and whether they are online or offline. Signaling Infrastructure will allow you to make a call and alert you when you receive a call. And then actually the question of two concluding points between the flowing video / audio.

You can look at Google or at the starting point.

To establish a video conference, you will need the following information:

  1. Whom can you call? This is your friend list. You need a mechanism to add friends to your list and make sure that you can only add friends who are ready to communicate with you

  2. How do you establish a communication channel with your friends? For example, what their IP address is, they can support a particular video codec and so on.

  3. Once you establish a way to communicate with your friend, then the question is to get audio and video information and display it at the right time. for.

For points and you are called Signaling and Attendance Protocol. SIP and XMPP are two very popular open protocols.

For the point [3] you will see the protocol like RTP.

You can google SIP, XMPP and RTP. You will receive a wide variety of literature, look at the RFC documents for accurate information, they can be a little mysterious.

There is a library written in Librisning C ++ tools, XMPP and RTP Conference XP have RTP implementation in C # with some basic signals, but I think you can actually get examples without getting the details Get started with


Comments