version control - TFVC Share feature? -


I currently use SourceGear vault for version control, but I am looking to switch to TFS Vault Has a nice feature called "share", which effectively puts you the same file in different points of the tree - see it in one place and it is locked in another, check it back and both Make changes in copies I have a brief look at the glance and I can not see anything like this - do I remember this?

There is no support for "shares" in TFS. You may be able to take advantage of two different TFS workspaces to accommodate your needs, or you may need to reconstruct some of your code. (Historical note: "Sharing" was actually added by Visual SourceSoft and SOURCEGEIRE VOLT because we wanted the similarity of features with Visual SourceSafe. At that time our goal was to create "Compelling replacement of Visual Source", which meant that we To implement the stock - and very bad - the PIN.)


Comments