metadata - Sharepoint Foundation 2010 - Pull data from subject of incoming email -


itemprop = "text">

I currently create a SharePoint site primary job that is creating (at least initially) an SSRS report suppository Am In order to sort and store reports properly, I will have to send the metadata from my SSRS membership in the SharePoint Library where it will reside. This is the only way I am able to do this through the subject line of emails coming from SSRS. Unfortunately, I am researching this and it does not seem to be any way in SharePoint Foundation 2010. I have found a third party solution that will do it for me, but my company is not interested in that, and I have found where I can add the code using the SPEmailEventReceiver class:

I have tried to use this code, but I do not need Visual Studio installed on the same server as SharePoint, so it does not give me

My question is:. Is there a way to do this in SharePoint via workflow or any basic functionality? If not, then somebody has any idea how can I send metadata in a way that it is accessible to me? Thanks for your help and for your patience, as I am very new to SharePoint development.

itemprop = "text">

Incoming email functionality How to automatically get a document in SharePoint This is a good way especially when you have only There are limited options but SPEmailEventReceiver is not required to use SPEmailEventReceiver is easy when you need complete control over the "import" of the email you receive in SharePoint. I recommend that you use the standard item event receiver (SPItemEventReceiver) and it is an ItemAdded method This method is executed when the item (email and attachment in your case) is added to the document library. You can send email to the document library How to configure the way to store it. Email file name is similar to email subject.


Comments