How should I handle analytics.js with a premium Google Analytics account? -


I have a customer who runs multiple sites and I manage some of them. They are a big company, so they had a premium Google Analytics account for some time, possibly because another project requested it and it was upgraded across the board.

Enter me, the project we were working on was to upgrade track data in GA to one of my plan analytics.js & amp; To add new universal tracking code and ecommerce tracking Looks simple enough, I've already done it for other customers.

Okay, I just figured out that the premium account can not use the new universal tracking code. Crazy step by Google IMO, I do not know that signing a facility to free accounts was signed which is not with premium accounts, but the regret is what it is. Source:

I am wondering what is the best way to act. Consideration:

  • Use the "old" method using ga.js - Trouble, because after turning on support for Google premium accounts, I have to rewrite everything, I'm absolutely absolutely right Enjoy, but rather become more efficient.
  • Downgraded part of the account - here too heavy headache, those who want to start a premium will continue to want it. Do not think that I can only separate my projects without losing my previous data.
  • Anything else that will solve my problem? I am hoping that I have ignored a plan.

Have you thought about implementing Google Tag Manager? By using GTM, you can create a new universal analytics (analytics.js) account

  1. Create a Google Tag Manager account
  2. One Creating a platform
  3. QA and push for production
  4. When comes out of analytics.js beta and is enabled for premium, just migrate and your Take the ga.js tracking code on the analytical.JS tag, which you've already set up.

I have written about the benefits of using double tagging using Google Tag Manager, but I think this is your best bet for redefining your implementation. is.


Comments