facebook - How to optimally crop images with different aspect ratios -


I am creating a SVF player that should play audio and show a cropped picture from our website (all the images have different sizes and View aspect aspect ratio, as users can upload whatever they want).
To keep the most interesting parts, for example, how do I crop these images to cut the heads of people or keep the car in the image on the road?

I have done this so far: I am doing this in AS3 and there is no coding problem. I basically load images into UILoader and then keep them in shape proportions and then hide the parts of those images which are not fit. I am using face detection to crop images with people, but since this is not correct, I use a drop like center (such as for landscape) and top (for portrait) crop. It works for some pictures, but many of them look bad - you are always good about thumbnail of the picture shown by Facebook, what type of crop are they using?

Note: I do not want to add black or any other padding behind the image, but to focus the image on the most interesting part to fill the screen.

/ Div>


Comments